Saturday, November 2, 2019

A Very Nutty Christmas


Surprisingly Delightful 



A Very Nutty Christmas
Network: Lifetime 
Year: 2018
Starring: Melissa Joan Hart, Barry Watson

Summary: 

Kate Holiday (Melissa Joan Hart) is a baker in the midst of a crisis. Her boyfriend just broke up with her, and she has thousands upon thousands of cookie orders to fill. In hopes to get her mind off things, she goes into a tent shop and is given a Nutcracker. When that Nutcracker, (affectionately known as Chip - played by Barry Watson) comes to life, Kate mistakes him for a house guest and ends up hiring him to help with cookie orders. As the two spend time together, Chip begins to draw out Kate's joy for the Christmas season all the while making her ex jealous. But what will Kate do when she finds out her budding romance is with a Christmas ornament? 

I'll admit, when I saw this trailer I was thinking - How can she take this guy seriously in that uniform? (No offense to those who love a man in uniform - of any kind. I myself have found a guy pretty cute just because of how he wore his badge on his sleeve. I was in an airport.) 

BUT .... fast forward a year and when I saw this playing I got so excited! A Very Nutty Christmas is fun, quirky and only with a sprinkle of cheese. Parmesan, not cheddar

On top of the two leads having a romantic story, their supporting characters have one as well. Marissa Jaret Winokur plays Kate's best friend and fellow baker, Rosa, who is oblivious another co-worker's affections. Rizwan Manji plays Justin, and he adds some of the funniest specks to this upbeat film. 

I find the quality of the film clean-cut, good lighting, good acting and believable. Melissa Joan Hart seems to be able to pull off every movie I've seen her in with warmth and genuine heart (pun intended?), all the while making what could've been a very cheesy film into a cute movie. 

Barry Watson (Chip) pulls off the role of the Nutcracker (when he first arrives to town it is a bit much, but he's a nutcracker in the real world so ... ya know) and his character gives the same feeling you get when staring into a puppy's big brown (or blue) eyes. Like with Melissa, he adds warmth to the movie. 


Right now it has a 6.4 rating out of 10 on IMDB, not many reviews on Amazon. 

I give this movie 8 out of 10.

It's one I wasn't sure about when I first saw the trailer but now that I've seen it at least two and half times, I totally recommend it as one for the Christmas Collection. 

Tell me, what did you think about it? 

Happy Finding, Happy Found, 

The Secret Romantic 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean, friendly and uplifting. The same for movie suggestions, or your comment may be deleted. This is to be a safe space where everyone can share their love of romantic movies. Thank you.